Personal injuries are one of the leading causes of death and disability in Wisconsin and throughout the United States. Often referred to as ‘accidents’, they are frequently the result of another person’s reckless or negligent actions. At Groth Law, S.C., we understand the impacts your injuries can have on every area of your life. In these situations, our Wauwatosa personal injury lawyers act as strong legal advocates on your behalf. We work to hold responsible parties accountable so that you can get the compensation you are entitled to.
Personal Injury Cases Our Office Represents
According to the latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), close to 30 million people suffer some type of unintentional or accidental injury each year. As a leading cause of death in the U.S., these injuries claim more than 130,000 lives each year. Even in situations where seemingly minor injuries occur, they can end up resulting in temporary or permanent disabilities.
At Groth Law, S.C. we know the variety of situations in which personal injuries happen, and the devastation they can cause in the lives of victims. For months after, you may be unable to work or even perform simple tasks at home, while facing the need for ongoing medical care and treatment. Our Wauwatosa personal injury lawyers help victims get the compensation they need to recover in the following types of cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Airline, bus, and other public transportation accidents;
- On-the-job injuries;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Premises liability cases;
- Dog bites and attacks;
- Boating and other water-related accidents;
- Product manufacturer defects;
- Sports and recreational injuries.
The CDC reports that in addition to unintentional injuries, roughly 1.4 million people are hurt each year as the result of violent assaults. While punishments are determined by the criminal court system, we can advise you on how to hold those who commit these crimes financially accountable for the injuries you suffer as a result.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
Even an otherwise minor accident can cause injuries that are severe and life threatening. It is vitally important to always seek medical care immediately after an accident occurs, as many potentially dangerous conditions have symptoms that can take days or even weeks to appear. Common types of injuries suffered by clients we represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Burn injuries, either due to exposure to heat or to chemical substances;
- Abdominal injuries, which can cause organ damage and internal bleeding;
- Back and neck injuries, such as slipped discs and fractured vertebrae;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), the costs associated with personal injuries, such as lost wages, medical expenses, and future losses in income due to lasting disabilities, total more than $800 billion each year in the U.S., with the average claim falling anywhere between $10,000 and $200,000.
Compensation for Personal Injuries
When serious injuries occur as the result of another’s reckless or negligent actions, Groth Law, S.C. can assist you in seeking compensation either through an insurance company settlement or by filing a personal injury claim. Under Section 802.05 of the Wisconsin statutes, damages you may be entitled to from the court include:
- Medical expenses: These include current and future costs for testing, treatment, medications, and physical therapy;
- Lost wages: These include current lost wages as well as future losses in earnings and income due to lasting disabilities;
- Punitive damages: These include compensation for your pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. They may also include compensation for your spouse if your injuries have an impact on your ability to engage in marital relations.
Before accepting an insurance settlement or signing any type of documents or releases, it is urgent to speak with our Wauwatosa personal injury attorneys first to ensure your rights are protected.
Contact Our Wauwatosa Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Call or contact Groth Law S.C. online today to get the professional legal representation you need during this difficult time. We serve clients throughout Wisconsin and can arrange a face to face consultation to discuss your case and the types of damages you may be entitled to. You have just one chance to get the compensation you deserve. You can trust our experienced Wauwatosa personal injury attorneys to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to.